Volunteer in Ibiza
Volunteering consists of dedicating a portion of our time, of our own freewill, to charitable causes, altruistic and unpaid work and without asking for anything in return, in order to help in areas that we feel connected to, with an NGO of our choosing, and with the aim of assisting and contributing to the greater good of our community. Being a volunteer can be a gratifying experience; on Ibiza and Formentera there are a variety of different entities to which you can offer your abilities and time. IbizaPreservation is just one of these; there are many more to choose from. Get inspired and get involved in the community of Ibiza and Formentera!
VOLUNTEER WITH IBIZAPRESERVATION
At IbizaPreservation we look for volunteers who are dedicated to and passionate about the environment. If you want to work with us, you can do this in various different areas:
- SUSTAINABILITY OBSERVATORY: data collection and research
- COMMUNICATIONS: marketing, social media, web design, photography and videography
- ADHOC ACTIVITIES: beach clean-ups, events and conferences, farm volunteering
- FUNDRAISING: charity events, donor searches, funding and subsidy applications
- TRANSLATIONS: English, Spanish and Catalan.
- ADMIN: administrative work, consulting, legal and accountancy work.
If you are interested, please fill out this form.
View the IbizaPreservation volunteer plan (in Spanish) here.
Download our volunteer agreement here.
Click here for our data protection and privacy agreement.
See below for more on the rights and duties of the volunteer.
VOLUNTEER WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
Amics de la Terra (Friends of the Earth)
If you are good with languages, IT, sport, leisure and outside activities, as well as art and communications, Amics de la Terra would love to hear from you. You can download one of their forms from their website and send it to Juanjo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deixalles creates job opportunities for socially excluded people by giving used goods a second life, avoiding tonnes of waste going into landfills. If you can repair furniture, toys and clothes, contact Joan Carles at email@example.com
If you’re interested in volunteer farm work, EcoFeixes, Ibiza’s organic farm cooperative, needs your help. EcoFeixes is part of APAEEF, the Association of Organic Producers of Ibiza and Formentera . Contact Maribel for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights and duties of the volunteer
Article 10 of Law 45/2015 on volunteering sets out the rights of volunteers:
- To receive regularly during the provision of their activity, information, guidance and support, as well as the necessary material means for the exercise of the functions entrusted to them.
- To receive at all times, at the expense of the entity managing the volunteers, and adapted to their personal conditions, the necessary training for the correct development of the activities assigned to them.
- To be treated in equal conditions, without discrimination, respecting their freedom, identity, dignity and other fundamental rights recognized in conventions, international treaties and in the Constitution.
- To actively participate in the organisation in which they are inserted, collaborating in the elaboration, design, execution and evaluation of programs or projects, in accordance with its statutes or applicable regulations and, to the extent that they allow it, in the government and administration of the volunteer organisation.
- To be covered by the volunteer entity, for the risks of accident and illness derived directly from the exercise of voluntary action and civil liability in cases where sectoral legislation requires it, through insurance or another financial guarantee.
- To be reimbursed by the volunteer entity for the expenses incurred in carrying out their activities, in accordance with the provisions of the incorporation agreement and taking into account the scope of volunteer action they develop.
- To have a written accreditation of volunteer status which also states the organisation in which the volunteer is participating.
- To carry out their activities in accordance with the principle of universal accessibility adapted to the activities in question.
- To obtain recognition from the volunteer entity, for the social value of their contribution and for the competencies, aptitudes and skills acquired as a result of their volunteer work.
- That the volunteer’s personal data be treated and protected in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights and other applicable regulations.
- To cease carrying out their activities as a volunteer under the terms established in the incorporation agreement.
Article 11 of Law 45/2015 on volunteering sets forth the duties of volunteers:
- To comply with the commitments acquired with the voluntary entities in which they are participating, as reflected in the incorporation agreement, respecting the purposes and statutes of the same.
- To keep the confidential information received and learnt in the course of their volunteer activities.
- To reject any material or economic compensation that they may receive either from the beneficiaries of volunteer activities, or from other people related to their volunteer activities..
- To respect the rights of the beneficiaries of volunteer activities in the terms provided in article 16.
- To act with due diligence and solidarity.
- To participate in the training tasks planned by the volunteer organisation for the activities and functions entrusted to them, as well as those that are permanently required to maintain the quality of the services they provide.
- To follow the instructions of the volunteer entity that are related to the development of the entrusted activities.
- To properly use the personal accreditation and the badges of the volunteer entity.
- To respect and care for the material resources made available by the volunteer organisation.
- To comply with the existing health and safety measures in the volunteer entity.
- To observe the rules on the protection and processing of personal data in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights, and other applicable regulations.
Law 45/2015 of 14 October on Volunteering, was developed in response to the configuration and dimensions of volunteering and a need for the public, effective and coordinated presence of voluntary action that required a legal model in accordance with the needs of this form of participation.
Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands: Social Volunteer Law of the Balearic Islands