Coordinate a Sustainability Study to contribute to the long-term prosperity of Ibiza by preserving the island’s natural resources.
WHY SUPPORT A SUSTAINABILITY STUDY
Ibiza’s popularity as a tourist destination has placed an enormous pressure on our land, water and infrastructure such as roads, desalination plants and sewage treatment facilities. By providing annually updated data on socio-environmental issues, the study will be an important resource to inform public debate and engage decision makers on the future development of the island.
BY ESTABLISHING AN ANNUALLY UPDATED STUDY WE ARE:
- Providing reliable and impartial information
- Monitoring indicators on key themes such as water, waste, energy and transport
- Analysing year-on-year trends
- Informing public debate and engaging decision makers by publishing data and presenting it at conferences and other platforms
- Driving a shift towards sustainability in the development of the island’s infrastructure and use of natural resources.
Read the latest news on the IPF Sustainability Study here.