Coordinate a Sustainability Observatory to contribute to the long-term prosperity of Ibiza by preserving the island’s natural resources.
WHY SUPPORT A SUSTAINABILITY OBSERVATORY
Ibiza’s popularity as a tourist destination has placed an enormous pressure on our land, water and infrastructure such as roads, desalination plants and sewage treatment facilities. By providing annually updated data on socio-environmental issues, the Observatory will be an important resource to inform public debate and engage decision makers on the future development of the island.
BY ESTABLISHING ANNUALLY UPDATED STUDIES WE ARE:
- Providing reliable and impartial information
- Monitoring indicators on key themes such as water, waste, energy and transport
- Analysing year-on-year trends
- Informing public debate and engaging decision makers by publishing data and presenting it at conferences and other platforms
- Driving a shift towards sustainability in the development of the island’s infrastructure and use of natural resources.
Read the latest studies from the IPF Sustainability Observatory here.
Related projects: Carrying Capacity Study