Strengthen Ibiza’s food production capacity to reinvigorate soils and landscapes.
WHY SUPPORT IBIZA PRODUCE
Over the past decades, Ibiza’s land use has changed from flora and farmland to urban development and forest cover. This has led to a loss of rural landscapes and the disappearance of local plant varieties, animal breeds and traditional knowledge. Ibiza’s food supply is now largely dependent on imports, and the invasion of pine trees poses a fire risk.
WE ARE BUILDING A PLATFORM THROUGH WHICH:
- Producers can access more markets
- Chefs are connected to farms to buy directly from the source
- Customers are made aware of where to buy or consume authentic local produce
- New producers are supported to set up agriculture/food businesses in Ibiza
- Local schools and hospitals commit to buy local product (public procurement).