- The Marine Forum becomes an annual event of reference on marine conservation
- Provide a platform to unite different sectors in the Balearics involved in the marine environment—tourism, fishing, nautical amongst others—to present and promote best practices
- It continues in the 11 months between editions, with working groups and projects that the Forum will help finance
- This first forum will be held in Ibiza. In subsequent years, it will be alternated with Formentera or there will be parallel actions on the two islands
- The Forum is aimed at the general public, with most of the sessions open to attend. More specific actions and meetings will be held aimed at technicians of administrations, companies and the islands’ environmental associations.
- Special emphasis is placed on the business sector as a fundamental player in environmental conservation.
The first Marine Forum will prepare a document with 10 environmental commitments or recommendations, based on the objectives set, which will be presented to Ibiza and Formentera’s local community.
The Forum’s Promoter Group and collaborating entities will prepare a draft of these commitments, which will be reviewed and enriched during the workshops with technicians and experts.
The Forum will work so that these commitments can be adopted by administrations, businesses and civil society.
Once the expenses of this first edition are covered, any funds raised will be used to finance one to two projects related to the topics discussed at the Forum, to be approved by the Promoter Group.