WE’RE HIRING! Vacancy for fundraising manager to start March 2022.
IbizaPreservation is a not-for-profit foundation that works to preserve and regenerate the natural resources of Ibiza and Formentera and promotes sustainable initiatives on the islands. We believe it is necessary to foster change so that the tourism-based economy evolves towards a model that is respectful of and values the environment and cultural heritage of the islands. In order to achieve this, we support, finance and promote environmental projects that aim to protect and restore our land and sea.
About the role
The fundraising manager raises funds and seeks out other donations in kind, in order to support the work of the organisation and secure a stable income to maintain our programmes and operating structure. This involves outreach to both private individuals and business communities – locally, nationally and internationally – as well as foundations and public bodies.
We are looking for:
- A proactive person with proven experience in fundraising;
- Someone immersed in the community of Ibiza and Formentera;
- An extensive network of local contacts;
- A strong team player;
- Someone available to start as soon as possible.
- Develop fundraising strategies and identify new sources of funding, especially those that provide a stable flow of income.
- Manage relationships with existing donors and other partners in order to maintain and increase their support.
- Implement and oversee donor management systems in order to maximise relationships with donors and facilitate timely, relevant and productive communication with them.
- Develop initiatives and opportunities to seek financial support from private and public institutions.
- In coordination with our communication department, help develop advertising and information materials aimed at attracting the attention of current and potential donors.
- Train and support any volunteers in their charge so that they properly perform their functions
Experience and competencies
- A professional with demonstrable experience in fundraising, particularly in project development.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop relationships with a wide variety of donors.
- Experience of managing donors with the help of donor relationship management systems is a plus.
- Excellent social skills, initiative, flexibility, assertiveness and the ability to lead teams with a participative style.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English is essential. Other languages, especially Catalan, will be valued.
- A wide network of personal and professional contacts in the communities of Ibiza and Formentera.
- Resident on the island of Ibiza with the legal right to work in Spain.
- Own vehicle.
What we offer
An indefinite contract with full-time work for 8 months of the year and part-time for 4 months over winter, after a previously established trial period, with a gross salary of €21,500 per year.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 18 February.
Please note we are only able to respond to candidates who are shortlisted for interview.