OUR VISION, MISSION & VALUES
OUR VISION: IbizaPreservation promotes the conservation and regeneration of the unique socio-environmental heritage of Ibiza and Formentera by participating in the implementation and management of strategic environmental projects in the two islands. To this end, IbizaPreservation aims to lead, foster and participate in initiatives that promote environmental protection and more sustainable ways of life, through building consensus and forming alliances across all sectors.
OUR MISSION: The Foundation aims to contribute to the evolution of Ibiza and Formentera towards a model of sustainable island life for the 21st century by promoting its goals and providing technical and financial support to high quality environmental projects, above all in the areas of: land protection, marine conservation, NGO strengthening, water management, waste and energy.
- Sustainability: We build a development-focused approach based on human rights, oriented to their fulfilment, as well as to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- Commitment: We are committed to fulfilling our mission and vision and to integrity as a fundamental principle of our actions.
- Excellence: We ensure the achievement of our objectives and seek the greatest impact of our actions through quality, continuous improvement and the optimisation of our capacities and resources.
- Transparency: We base our work on honesty, mutual accountability and maximum access to information, as pillars of social and economic accountability to our patrons, leaders, partners, collaborators, donors, beneficiaries and to society in general.
- Equal opportunities: We promote equal rights and equal treatment between people of different sexes, including the gender perspective, in the design and execution of actions directed from the organisation towards the general public, as well as in the internal structure of the foundation.
- Unity: We believe in teamwork and collaboration with other organisations and institutions to enhance synergies and improve the performance of our work.
We raise money from people all over the world who care about Ibiza and Formentera’s future. Funds are used to support environmental initiatives and promote best practices.
We connect experts, local players, communities, not-for-profit organisations, business and public entities to achieve the best environmental outcomes for our islands.
We partner with local, Spanish and international organisations to carry out projects that protect our land and sea.
We champion environmental causes and solutions that will better position Ibiza and Formentera for a more sustainable future.
We commission studies, facilitate information and participate in discussions to drive positive environmental change.
IbizaPreservation was set up in 2008 by William Aitken, Serena Cook and Ben Goldsmith. The friends established the foundation in response to unsustainable growth patterns on the island, largely driven by mass tourism.
Since then, with the support of local businesses, residents and lovers of Ibiza and Formentera, we have raised more than €2,000,000 in funds to preserve the islands.
Initially, IbizaPreservation was supported administratively by The Ecology Trust, an English grant-making charity established by the Goldsmith family. To grow stronger roots on the island, we became a legally independent Spanish entity in 2015 – ‘Fundación para la Conservación de Ibiza y Formentera’.
By helping to preserve the islands’ natural resources, such as water, landscapes and the marine environment, we want to contribute to local well-being and prosperity.
Join us to support the preservation and prosperity of Ibiza and Formentera so future generations can also benefit from, enjoy and love our land and sea.
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates